Get to know Brandy Ellison, the newest addition to the Chapter Board as our Treasurer. We asked Brandy a series of questions to get to know her better…
- Tell us about yourself?
I am a native Nevadan and currently reside with my son who is a high school senior, 2 rescue dogs Clyde and Nela and a snake named Junior all of whom keep me extremely busy. I enjoy going on trips, independent films and live music. Nevada history is a major passion of mine so I’m always learning something new.
- Where do you work? What is your role with the organization?
I have worked at the Washoe County Recorder’s office for about 4 years and am a Senior Deputy Recorder.
- What drew you to records management/information governance originally?
In my area specifically knowing how much our past records impact our future records and the importance of maintaining those records for decades and hopefully centuries to come.
- What do you like most about records management/information governance?
Because the Recorder’s office has possession of records that pre-date statehood it can be quite the challenge helping customers find something in particular they may be looking for. The hunt for information is often like a treasure hunt with so many twists and turns.
- What is on your bucket list?
On my bucket list would have to be to visit Egypt and the pyramids.
- Which one would you want most – flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
In my household it would definitely have to be robot housekeepers!